Thread: Strange--Where are the Privacy/Cookie settings for ZA Extreme Security?

Hybrid View

freewilly Guest

Default Strange--Where are the Privacy/Cookie settings for ZA Extreme Security?

I can't set my cookies preferences in ZA Extreme Security since there is no Privacy feature.

How do I set my preferences for cookies?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Charles_B Guest

Default Re: Strange--Where are the Privacy/Cookie settings for ZA Extreme Security?

Privacy feature has been removed in Extreme and replaced with ForceField.

How do I set my preferences for cookies?

In your web browser settings.

In Firefox Tools / Options /Cookies

In IE 8 Tools / Internet Options / Privacy

Hope this helps

I have no other suggestion other than this to resolve your issue.

ZoneAlarm staff does not monitor this board. We are all users here.

If you have a valid license you can contact free of charge ZoneAlarm Technical Support and Customer Service at :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 8am-5:30pm PST

Customer Service Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 5am-7:45pm PST
    Available Sat-Sun 6am-6pm PST

Have a nice Day

Message Edited by Charles_B on 07-24-2009 12:19 AM

freewilly Guest

Default Re: Strange--Where are the Privacy/Cookie settings for ZA Extreme Security?

Wait, so you're telling me that ZA advertises this as "extreme security" but doesn't offer privacy feature settings?

What a ripoff. I should have saved my money not upgraded. Especially since I already had ForceField and privacy settings with ZA security suite.

Gotta wonder sometimes about the people at ZA. Extreme Security is supposed to be an upgrade over Security Suite yet the suite has more features.

Hi!ZA Extreme security focuses on "security", luckly (IMO)other 'bloating' parts have been removed including the ZA privacy that can be achieved with the same browser or by free add-on (adblocking, no script, IE7PRO, etc).If you want a privacy tool then look for another product, ZA Privacy control will be removed on all ZA line.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

freewilly Guest

Sorry, but am trying to understand your logic here Fax.

Isn't privacy a part of security? Also, you say luckily all "bloating" parts have been removed.

This gives me the impression that you think the privacy features, which were included in the suite, are a bad thing thing since you say they are "bloating" features.

If they are so bad then why did ZA put the privacy feature into the suite to begin with?

Talk about pretzel logic!

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>FreeWilly wrote:
    Isn't privacy a part of security? Also, you say luckily all "bloating" parts have been removed.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No, a security tool should focus on security. Security related aspects of ZA privacy control (active elements) are now covered by forcefield. The rest (e.g cookies, ads...) can be done more effectively by the browser. No need of bloating ZA for that. Moreover ZA privacy control was based on an old and ineffective technology creating more problems than solving them. You don't have toblockactive content on web pages to find out that your page will be unreadable... just run your browser isolatedwith forcefield.You don't agree? Fine... just report it to ZA. This is not a complaint office Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Charles_B Guest

ZoneAlarm staff does not monitor this board. We are all users here just trying to help.If you want to vent your discontent
    with the product you need to do it at this link :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 8am-5:30pm PST

Customer Service Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 5am-7:45pm PST
    Available Sat-Sun 6am-6pm PST

Have a nice Day

Thread Information