Thread: Multiple user license

genghiskhen Guest

Default Multiple user license

I purchased ZoneAlarm Pro a couple years ago when free ZoneAlarm was working fine for me. The main reason I bought the product was to support a company I respected. I legally installed it on all three of my computers. I let my license lapse and now I see they want me to buy multiple copies if I own multiple computers! Zone Labs can stuff it!

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Multiple user license

You may have not read the User Agreement correctly,but it does state that you can only use 1 licensed version PER a PC,if that PC crashed and you junk it then legally you can place it on another.Will ZoneLabs come after you if you installed 1 paid for version on more then 1 PC,Doubtfully,but one can never know as it is Piracy.

genghiskhen Guest

My point, and therefore my gripe, is the old EULA clearly stated that I could install ZA on all my PCs as long as it was not for business use. I think it is petty of Zone Labs to expect me to buy multiple copies for home use. Instead of getting 2 or 3 sales, now they get 0 sales and a disgruntled customer. I will no longer recommend Zone Alarm to my less computer savy friends.

Sorry to hear that and wish you good luck with whatever firewall you do decide to install.

leik Guest

It is disturbing though. I have ONE PC...with XP installed twice. I had to by ZoneAlarm TWO TIMES!! The PC can only be booted and running one instance of XP RIGHT@!?!?! You'd think I'd be able to install ZoneAlarm in both instances but NOOOOOO...I had to buy two licenses. I'm up for renewal and I'll probably reevaluate my choices.

Actually on 1 physichal machine with 2 OS's installed you would only need 1 license,wether it is the same OS or even a diffrent OS,you are allowed to install ZA with the same license on both OS.

drebhun Guest

If you have accidenty installed ZoneAlarm Pro on two PCs then how do you uninstall one of them? When I try to uninstall it says the true vector service is in use and will not let me stop the service or do a normal un-install.

gerard_konijn Guest

drebhun wrote: When I try to uninstall it says the true vector service is in use. <HR>Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs.RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties.Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive may be different on your system): C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe Change it to: C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe /clean (add a space and then the /clean). Click OK to save the new command line.Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs -&gt; Uninstall Zone Labs Security.Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.Say "Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files.
    Reboot.Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything related to ZA, then find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin. ZA should be gone.Best regards, Gerard Konijn. Tilburg, The Netherlands.

Thread Information