Thread: Install problem under ancient W98

Hybrid View

bennevis Guest

Default Install problem under ancient W98

Just trying to install on a scrap PC using ancient W98 and get "Validation failed for C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\VSINIT.DLL You are probably missing a neccessary root certificate."Is ZA compatible with W98 anymore?BenNevis

Default Re: Install problem under ancient W98

ZAis not compatible with Windows 98.

fireman Guest

Funny, I havn't had any problems with ZoneAlarm Pro on my 98se (ZA-Pro 6.0.667.000).
    I did do a clean uninstall before loading this version.
    I am not sure if the unofficial service pack I installed made any difference. It has removed some issues I have had since MS's holy quest to kill a reasonably stable OS.

gerard_konijn Guest

ZA is compatible with Windows 98se, but Not with Windows 98original.All ZoneAlarm family products currently run on the Windows 98 se operating system. However, there are a few new and advanced protection features in ZoneAlarm products that do not run on this operating system due to technical limitations of this operating system. Furthermore, Microsoft has stopped automatic/proactive updates of this operating system and plans to end support entirely in early 2006. Zone Labs strongly recommends upgrading to a more current and supported version of Windows operating system.Best regards/Vriendelijke groeten. Gerard Konijn. Tilburg. The Netherlands.

syntroxis Guest

Hi Gerald -

I'm running on an old decrepid Toshiba 430CDT that likes Win98se fine, thank you. I recently had to re-install everything and came to get Zone Alarm again.

When attempting to install, I receive the following message:

"Validation Failed for C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\VAINIT.DLL. You probably are missing a necessary root certificate"

First time I've had this experience with Zone alarm.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Thread Information