Thread: shut down problems

helloneedhelp Guest

Default shut down problems

Dear Zonealarm,i just purchased last week zonealarm pro, because i liked the free version so much. But anyway ever since it's installed, my laptop doesn't want to shut down propperly. Sometimes it will shut down but most of the time it takesa very long time to shut down and the screen is like that for a long time in which time you cant click anything ordo anything... just wait..andIt is really bad. I am very dissapointed. I am also worried that the program has done something to damage my system. Please could you give me some advice on how to fix the problem. I unistalled it and reinstalled but it didnt help.RegardsDee

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: shut down problems

Hey Dee. I'm not Zoe Alarm, just a mere volunteer. Zone Labs does not post monitors on this forum. Anyway, did you not have any shutdown problems with ZA Free, just ZAP? To help your machine shutdown, try closing your open applications including your browser before you shutdown Windows. ZAP will monitor each program as it closes to make sure it does nothing nasty and thus shutdown will indeed take longer.

ronjulian Guest

Default Re: shut down problems

Bill, I NEED a guru!!! My shut down is global.

Something got through ZA. It started a few days ago. I will be doing something and what ever I am doing at the time goes away and the black Win XP Pro screen that says "it is now safe to turn off your computer" comes up.

At first it was after a few hours. Then it got to be less and less time. Now it hits before I can enter my login password.

Do you know what it is? Is there a fix? If not, what is the command line gates used to bring up that screen, where is it so I can delete it.

Thanks.

Ron Julian

Thread Information