dadralph Guest

Default Zone Alarm Icon in tray

Zone alarm keeps putting an Icon & name in tray. I can't get rid of it

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Icon in tray

Are you talking about this? Or the small little icon that has green & red bars?

dadralph Guest

Hi, It is the large one you pictured.

billc Guest

OK. Click on it and it should open your ZA control panel. Once opened, click on the red box with the white X (upper right-hand corner) and you should get a small window that opens; click 'ok' on that window and the tray icon should close. To open it again, right click on the smaller ZA icon and select 'Restore Zone Alarm Control Center'. Did that work?

dadralph Guest

Hi Bill, It did not work. When I click on it nothing happens.

billc Guest

That tells me something is probably corrupt in your installation. What I'd suggest is to make a backup of your setting in your Preferences > Overview panel of ZAP, uninstall ZAP, install a fresh copy, and then restore your settings. The best way to do a clean uninstall is like this. Go into the start menu and the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin.

cliffbingham Guest

Does anyone know if there was ever a fix for this problem? It certainly is annoying. I can only clear it by shutting down ZA and restarting.

Thread Information