Thread: Can't Update Windows

Hybrid View

jefffarq Guest

Default Can't Update Windows

Did a search, but came up blank. After installing ZoneAlarm Firewall, I can no longer get Windows updates. I receive a very generic message about the webpage encountering a problem, but it doesn't give any details. Even disabling the firewall before trying the update doesn't help. Things worked fine before ZoneAlarm; any help would be greatly appreciated.jefffarq

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

Default Re: Can't Update Windows

Please read and follow my instructions in this thread:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=11208#M11208As a last resort turn off Privacy to get the updates.

jefffarq Guest

I looked through the dialogue there; I can't finda Privacy tab, but all other settings mentioned are as you directed. I'm still unable to get an update from Microsoft. The error message I get is:[Error number: 0x800B0001]The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.I'm using the free version of Zone Alarm, not Zone Alarm Pro. Don't know if that matters.I cannot get a Microsoft update even if I disable Zone Alarm.What else can I check?Thanks,jefffarq

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>jefffarq wrote:
    I looked through the dialogue there; I can't finda Privacy tab, but all other settings mentioned are as you directed. I'm still unable to get an update from Microsoft. The error message I get is:[Error number: 0x800B0001]The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.I'm using the free version of Zone Alarm, not Zone Alarm Pro. Don't know if that matters.I cannot get a Microsoft update even if I disable Zone Alarm.What else can I check?Thanks,jefffarq
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I forgot that you are using ZA Free.

Since you cannot update evenwith ZA off, I doubt this is a ZA issue. You may like to ask in Windows Update Newsgroup.

jefffarq Guest

I was able to update on a regular basis before installing Zone Alarm.

flyyourway Guest

Jeff, try going into the program control section and click on components tab,scroll down and look for all Windows update components and make sure they have a green check mark and not a red X,look for validation tool also as it might be blocked and is causing the error you are receiving.

rablmsr Guest

Sounds like the free ZoneAlarm you downloaded had already been compromised by HACKERS like mine is. It will only get worse. Get a better ZoneAlarm so hopefully they can't get into it, unless they're already in your computer. I think this might be a Hacker compromised ZoneLabs Forum. For one thing, the survey of what ZA, ISP, System, Etc aren't on the bottom of the posts for you to identify what you're working with for the gurus so they can help you. I think only the users who download these HACKER corrupted Free ZoneAlarms have this setup since the Hackers don't want our problems to be solved or they'd be out of business! Maybe they even prey on the users who come to the forum in hack into their computers after they get in here thru hacked free zonealarms from the internet sites the HACKERS have hacked into. If theWhitehatGURUS have any suggestions to help us HACKED USERS, please, please put it out there! And, please try to get the HACKERS out of the free ZoneAlarms...if you can hear me, since I'm posted from a HACKED ZA SITE.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>rablmsr wrote:
    Sounds like the free ZoneAlarm you downloaded had already been compromised by HACKERS like mine is. It will only get worse. Get a better ZoneAlarm so hopefully they can't get into it, unless they're already in your computer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I can safely say the Windows Update issue is not caused by hackers but rather the poor programming<HR>rablmsr wrote:
    <BLOCKQUOTE>I think this might be a Hacker compromised ZoneLabs Forum. For one thing, the survey of what ZA, ISP, System, Etc aren't on the bottom of the posts for you to identify what you're working with for the gurus so they can help you.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If you start a new post, you will be asked for your specifics (ZoneAlarm version, OS version, etc) If you replied to an existing post (Iike you did), you will not have the option.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>rablmsr wrote:
    I think only the users who download these HACKER corrupted Free ZoneAlarms have this setup since the Hackers don't want our problems to be solved or they'd be out of business! Maybe they even prey on the users who come to the forum in hack into their computers after they get in here thru hacked free zonealarms from the internet sites the HACKERS have hacked into. If theWhitehatGURUS have any suggestions to help us HACKED USERS, please, please put it out there! And, please try to get the HACKERS out of the free ZoneAlarms...if you can hear me, since I'm posted from a HACKED ZA SITE.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>What nonsense is this? B-)

Thread Information