Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New network detected

books Guest

Default Re: New network detected

I haven't changed anything yet because in a week my trial with the spyware part will be over and at that time I will either go to basic or pro. The new network detected still shows upon restarting my computer. I was just wondering if it matters if I checked the other selection about using printers with other networks. I wouldn't think it would matter which one I check but if anyone has had this same situation it would be nice to know what they have done.

books Guest

Bill, I just typed in new network detected in Zone Alarm and came up with some technical support tech notes on Zone Alarm Products and Windows Internet Connection Sharing. ICS. It refers to simply including the new network in the trusted zone which I haven't, I have only checked the internet zone. But this is refering to if you are running the Zone Alarm Plus and Zone Alarm Pro because they support ICS fully. The one I am using is not mentioned. I would assume that to still put it in the trusted zone which mine is set at medium and my internet zone is at high. Is that correct? Also at the end of this information it says the free version of ZA does not support the ICS so it must be added to the Trusted Zone manually. I will try that next time and let you know. I never had this issue until I went to the free spyware program with ZA.Books

books Guest

Bill, I just typed in new network detected in Zone Alarm and came up with some technical support tech notes on Zone Alarm Products and Windows Internet Connection Sharing. ICS. It refers to simply including the new network in the trusted zone which I haven't, I have only checked the internet zone. But this is refering to if you are running the Zone Alarm Plus and Zone Alarm Pro because they support ICS fully. The one I am using is not mentioned. I would assume that to still put it in the trusted zone which mine is set at medium and my internet zone is at high. Is that correct? Also at the end of this information it says the free version of ZA does not support the ICS so it must be added to the Trusted Zone manually. I will try that next time and let you know. I never had this issue until I went to the free spyware program with ZA.Books

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information