Thread: I won't be using Zone Alarm Pro in 167 Days

1bullet Guest

Default I won't be using Zone Alarm Pro in 167 Days

I just called the 1 800 number for tech support as my pc is still all messed up since the clean install of Ver 6.1.737.000 . I am noticing blocks from the firewall that have not been ask to be done. many of my programs no longer running especailly any thing to do with cd or dvd burning. I have used Zone alarm for5 years now( always a 2 year subscription) After the updateproblems with Ver 5 about a year ago I only took a ! year(glad I did). I should not have to pay for technical support when there is issues with the update. All anyone his to do is read this forum ,which it appears Zone Lads does not do. Unfortunatly I now have lost all faith in Zone Labs. So I will not be renewing my subscription when it comes up. If anyone at Zone labs does read, please note you use to have a great firewall . Why don't you just stay with the sure thing . Why all the extras theanti spyware , Why do yopu need to monitermy anti virus?ZA is allways now trying to inprove reliablity the program,well you failed. Ittakes way to long to load about 4.5 secondson start up. If you stuck with just doing the firewall maybe this would not be an issue. But to pay $2.95 a minute/US so ZA can email me unistall instructions is a joke. My concerns were never listened to. I wanted to vent. I was paying for that right and I wanted answer to when issues would be cleaned up with Ver 6.1.737 . I fI uninstall ZA why would I want to put this version back on. What guarentee do I get my installation wont fail again.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: I won't be using Zone Alarm Pro in 167 Days

You're correct, Zone Labs does not typically read this user forum. But if you want to try again, first do a 'clean' uninstall of your ZAP. Go into the start menu and the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin. Now try a fresh install if you like. You might want to go back to the version that last worked best for you.

uaglt Guest

<DIV align=left>I suggest that you uninstall ZoneLabs and get on with life....<DIV align=left>After having experiencing endless problems with ZA6.0 (see my previous post Iwas dumb enough todownload the latest (free) 6.1.737.000 version and, voila, my mouse just about stopped working completely (the scroll wheel didn't work anymore and when I clicked the left (main) button, it placed the cursor over the start button of Windows.I also could not shut down the computer using the switch - I had to pull the power plug !!! I uninstalled ZoneLab and now the mouse and start-up/ shutdown is back to normal....<DIV align=left>The same thing happened to a friend to whom I recommended ZoneLabs. She paid a technician who uninstalled ZoneLabs Firewall and now her computer works fine again!

uaglt Guest

I read all kind of complaints in this forum saying that ZonLabs 6 is causing all kinds of problems. Smetimes I see a suggestion that they should use "clean install" for the latest version of Zonelabs. Take my word - it doesn't help - I did exactly that and see below what happened!<DIV align=left><DIV align=left>After having experiencing endless problems with ZA6.0 (see my previous post Iwas dumb enough todownload the latest (free) 6.1.737.000 version and, voila, my mouse just about stopped working completely (the scroll wheel didn't work anymore and when I clicked the left (main) button, it placed the cursor over the start button of Windows.I also could not shut down the computer using the switch - I had to pull the power plug !!! I uninstalled ZoneLab and now the mouse and start-up/ shutdown is back to normal....<DIV align=left>The same thing happened to a friend to whom I recommended ZoneLabs. She paid a technician who uninstalled ZoneLabs Firewall and now her computer works fine again!<DIV align=left><DIV align=left>I suggest that you uninstall ZoneLabs and get on with life....<DIV align=left><DIV align=left>P.S. Everything was ok when I was using 5.5 and earlier versions....

Thread Information