Thread: eBay Picture Upload

electrojim Guest

Default eBay Picture Upload

All my ZA Pro settings seem to work fine; have had no accessibility issues for months now, but cannot upload photos to eBay without first shutting down ZA. This must be a configuration problem, but I can't find it. Anyone else come across this? Many thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: eBay Picture Upload

See if this works for you. Go to your ZAP Privacy > Site List, click on the 'add' button, enter www.ebay.com then click 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again.

chaseemdown Guest

I came across this problem yesterday. Not only this, but when I go to eBay, I see most of the site, but
    I also get You are not authorized to view this page, right in the middle where the 'changing ads' are supposed to be,
    and, HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden Internet Explorer . None of the typical methods of problem solving : cleaning cache, cleaning browser, or playing around with Tools, Internet Options: Security, Privacy, or even updating the browser, seem to be working. Nor does the sound advice on this page posted by BillCherryAtl in the order that he recommends.

When I go to Privacy, Main, and lower Cookie Control, Ad Blocking, and Mobile Code Control all the way down, and off, I no longer have a problem with ebay. The problem is that eBay is not accepting individual (manual) configuration. However, (and this may be the key to the whole thing), I remember fooling around with the stock setting for eBay & PayPal in ID Lock, Trusted Sites. eBay & PayPal cannot be deleted. At one point I blocked it with a red arrow and then just yesterday changed it back to a green arrow. Perhaps ZA only remembers the red arrow setting and/or there is some (delayed?) configuration conflict with eBay. At the moment my solution is this. Reinstall Zone Alarm from scratch. This is what I am about to do not only because I am too impatient to wait for the correct solution, but because experience is hinting at the idea that the solution may be too involved for most users, including myself, to undertake. Since you do not want to reinstall the old settings, my advice is to not save them, do a complete uninstall and start from scratch. I am going to try this now and
    will post the result A.S.A.P.

Philip

Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Suite 2006, Software Version:

IE: 6.0

Message Edited by ChaseEmDown on 02-13-200601:30 PM

Message Edited by ChaseEmDown on 02-13-200601:34 PM

electrojim Guest

Philip:

Best of luck.
    My original complaint/question dated back to December, so I am a bit vague on the details.
    My experience was similar to yours, although I was able to resolve it by manipulating setup options in ZA.
    Sorry I can't recall exactly what I did, but certainly didn't have to reinstall ZA.
    However, that might not be a bad idea, although it will mean 'teaching' the program all those yes/nos from scratch.
    My ZA Privacy settings are rather liberal; Ad Blocking and Mobile Control are both OFF.
    On the Site List, I have a green check for ebay.com except for 3rd party cookies, which is a red check.
    These settings might prove too troublesome
    in your own instance, but I don't get bothered enough by pop-ups to
    make a big deal of them.
    Hope this helps.

electrojim Guest

Philip:

Best of luck.
    My original complaint/question dated back to December, so I am a bit vague on the details.
    My experience was similar to yours, although I was able to resolve it by manipulating setup options in ZA.
    Sorry I can't recall exactly what I did, but certainly didn't have to reinstall ZA.
    However, that might not be a bad idea, although it will mean 'teaching' the program all those yes/nos from scratch.

My ZA Privacy settings are rather liberal; Ad Blocking and Mobile Control are both OFF.
    On the Site List, I have a green check for ebay.com except for 3rd party cookies, which is a red check.
    These settings might prove too troublesome
    in your own instance, but I don't get bothered enough by pop-ups to
    make a big deal of them.
    Hope this helps.

chaseemdown Guest

I just reinstalled ZA from scratch & I still have the same problem. Anyone?

Have you tried using the privacy advisor in ZA?
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information