Alright, my backstory. I shutdown my computer for the first time in probably a year (usually I just reset or hibernate it) for the weekend. I turn it back on tonight, and the Windows Security Alerts said that ZoneAlarm wasn't on. Whatever, I think, I must not have it turned on automatically. I click on my shortcut and it's not linked to the right place. That's odd, it worked before. Turns out, there is nothing in my C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\Zone Alarm folder except an Error Log.txt file.

I don't know how this happened. How can ZA be there when I shut down my computer and not when I turn it back on?

No problem, I think to myself after, I'll reinstall. Oh no! It won't let me. A window pops up with "Validation failed for c:\WINDOWS\system32\vsxml.dll." and I have no idea what to do. I tried to uninstall, but it wouldn't let me do that either. I figured that was because my uninstall.exe was gone, but still. This all makes no sense.

I didn't know which forum to put this in, so I placed it here. I hope it's the right one.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
Software Version:6.0