Thread: Unable to download update

felicitea Guest

Default Unable to download update

I am having trouble downloading the latest update for ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite even though I've never had problems before. When I click the download link, it appears (by the progress bar) that the file is downloading, but when it finishes downloading I get an error saying that the exe file could not be opened because an unknown error occurred. It says to try saving it to a disk first then opening the file. I would try that, but I can't find an option anywherethat lets mesave it to a disk. Every link I've found for downloading the update just starts the download without asking me if I want to save it. In the past, I always have been given the option of saving it. My browser is Netscape, in case that matters, but again, it's always worked before. Thanks for you help.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

unhappy_viewer Guest

Default Re: Unable to download update

What browser are you using and are you using a download manager/accelerator?

felicitea Guest

Netscape 7.1. Same as I've always used when downloading updates in the past. It has a download manager, but I don't have it set to open when starting a download. There doesn't seem to be anyway to get rid of it completely. Again, I haven't changed the settings on the download manager since my last successful download.

unhappy_viewer Guest

Ok, ty this direct link for the latest version of ZAISS (save it to your disk):
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...737_000_en.exe

If it still does not work, try the above link with another browser such as Firefox.

felicitea Guest

The direct link didn't work either. I get the same error. I was able to download the update using IE however. Interesting. Since nothing has changed on my end, I can only presume something has changed on the web site to make it incompatible with Netscape. Oh well, at least I was able to get the update. Thanks for your help.

unhappy_viewer Guest

Netscape 7 is considered out-of-date and may have trouble with page rendering and website browsing. I don't think Netscape supports this version any more. You should upgrade to Netscape 8 or Firefox (Netscape 8 is a more fanciful and bloated version of Firefox).

Thread Information