Thread: Zone Alarm & Homestead

farq Guest

Default Zone Alarm & Homestead

I am running Homestead LPX site builder fron Homestead Technologies, and have done so without a hitch for 8 years. After installing Zone Alarm, Homestead will not display graphics and seems to freeze on download of the web page. Homestead are aware that Zone Alarm can cause a malfunction, but have no idea how to fix it. Does anyone on this board know? When I try to preview a page before publishing it, I get an error window which states "blockedReferrer is undefined". It asks if I want to continue running scripts on the page and if I click yes, then it allows a fully functioning preview of the page. The published page then says, "done but with errors on the page".I have tried all the usual tweaks in prorgam control, and adjusted IE security settings etc. Nothing seems to work.There has to be a way around this.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm & Homestead

This is a guess solution on my part but something in your post makes me believe your ZA database is corrupt. You said, "blocked referrer is undefined" which I don't think you should get in ZA Free at all, only in ZAP or ZASS. Try resetting your database. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

marcz Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm & Homestead

Bill,
    I agree with that. My first thought was the Privacy settings. Unfortunately, I think alot of people that want the Free ZA, "Try ZAPro for 30 days Free" first, and then, when it reverts back to the Free version, the database somehow gets mucked up. The one time I tried the Free ZAPro trial messed up my computer when it reverted to the Free one. I now use the Pro on one machine and the free on a couple others just to keep an eye on things. I think alot of people don't understand the complexities of this software. Thank you for being here and helping out so much.

Thread Information