Thread: Clash with Kaspersky

ihill Guest

Default Clash with Kaspersky

I have been running ZA free and Kasperky AV for some time. I upgraded to ZA Pro ( firewall only ) and immediately had a problem. Kaspersky no longer loads its' icon into the systray on startup. As the only change was ZA - then this is the obvious culprit. I have had email chats with KAV support and they suggest disableling IDS in KAV and email safe in ZA - but the problem still remains. Anyone offer any help on this?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

gimbel Guest

Default Re: Clash with Kaspersky

Similiar issue on my last update, with CA antivirus. Only fix I came up with was to uninstall AV, update Zone, and reinstall AV.

ihill Guest

I had the latest ZA and I uninstalled KAV and reinstalled but same result!

uaglt Guest

<DIV align=left>I suggest that you uninstall ZoneLabs and get on with life....<DIV align=left>After having experiencing endless problems with ZA6.0 (see my previous post Iwas dumb enough todownload the latest (free) 6.1.737.000 version and, voila, my mouse just about stopped working completely (the scroll wheel didn't work anymore and when I clicked the left (main) button, it placed the cursor over the start button of Windows.I also could not shut down the computer using the switch - I had to pull the power plug !!! I uninstalled ZoneLab and now the mouse and start-up/ shutdown is back to normal....<DIV align=left>The same thing happened to a friend to whom I recommended ZoneLabs. She paid a technician who uninstalled ZoneLabs Firewall and now her computer works fine again!

kapson Guest

I am using ZASS with Kapersky AV Peresonal with nio problem.

Uninstall both programs and then REINSTALL KAPERSKY FIRST.

ihill Guest

Good idea!Will try that...

Thread Information