Thread: Why is ZoneAlarm still blocking my internet when I have shut it down ?

jdsubs Guest

Default Why is ZoneAlarm still blocking my internet when I have shut it down ?

Hi, I left for the day and decided to close ZoneAlarm, since I was going to my brothers and wanted to connect via Remote Desktop back to my place and I only have the free version which doesn't allow you to open up ports. Once I was at my brothers place I tried connecting, but it just wouldn't do it... When I got home, I started zomealarm and check the logs. For a really strange reason I saw the attempts to connect which I was trying from my brothers place and they were all blocked. My question is, why in the heck would ZoneAlarm still be around and block my system even when I told it to shutdown and stop doing anything ????? I don't get it .. if you tell it to stop why doesn't it ?? What kind of big brother control is this program trying to have ??James

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Why is ZoneAlarm still blocking my internet when I have shut it down ?

Hi jdsubs
    Some times it may happen. To be sure go to overview preferences and uncheck 'ZA load at start up'. Then reboot open your task manager and insure that vsmon.exe and zlclient.exe are not running.
    Best regards

Thread Information