Thread: Loosing Settings With Free Zone Alarm

mccoady Guest

Default Loosing Settings With Free Zone Alarm

I installed the free version awhile back and it was working fine but I decided to uninstall it because I thought it might be causing problems with another program (Mailwasher). I found out it wasn't Zone Alarm causing the problem but ever since I reinstalled it, it looses it's settings (what programs I want it to allow) every time I reboot. So everytime after I reboot I have to go through telling Zone Alarm to allow different programs to operate. I uninstalled it again because it was a hassle, any ideas on how I could get it working right again so I can reinstall it? Thanks!

I'm not sure what version it is I was having trouble with (since I already uninstalled it) but whatever version that was available to download within the last couple of weeks.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Loosing Settings With Free Zone Alarm

To fix the "amnesia" issue, try resetting your database:1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode. I would advise you to power down (do a cold boot) instead of rebooting constantly.

zaswing Guest

Default Re: Loosing Settings With Free Zone Alarm

chiawaikian, I began loosing all settings and lost all sites 2 days ago. Until then the going was good.For another reason I deleted .rdb files, and since then the site list won't fill as it always did."Another reason" was that the firewall log began to lag a day behind.I'm beginning to think the latest Microsoft upgrades might have fried Zone Alarm ???!?!??!?

Thread Information