Thread: Taskbar reverting to XP from classic

dyvim Guest

Default Taskbar reverting to XP from classic

Since installing ZA ISS, I'm getting an intermittent fault once the pc has logged in, instead of the "Classic" start menu and windows it's reverted back to the XP (yuk) design.

If I log out then log back in again then the Classic layout appears.

This is a single user pc, but to be sure I also set a group policy to force Classic startup but the problem still persists.

I'm also running Symantec NAV 2005 and CA Pestpatrol, I was wondering if anyone knew if this was a common problem with either app, or could shed some light on why this is happening.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Taskbar reverting to XP from classic

Hi Dyvim
    In fact this the first time i'm hearing about this problem.From your programs I only have a remake to do, insure you disable worm protection in NAV 2005 as it is a incipient and limited firewall that may conflict with ZA,but I'm not saying that it's the cause of the problem. I suggest you contact technical support reporting that issue http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...ch_support.jsp
    Best regards

dyvim Guest

Many thanks for your reply. Disabling worm setting on Nortons doesn't solve it, so I'll submit it to technical support as you suggest

dyvim Guest

The problem definately seems to be with Nortons AV 2005. Once I removed it the problem seems to have disappeared (so far) not to mention bootup is a great deal faster now

ad_hock Guest

Glad to hear that, probably a sofware conflict with worm protection. It's normal the sped increases as Norton takes a lot of resources.
    Thanks for the feed back.
    Best regards

Thread Information