Thread: zlclient

jltrain Guest

Default zlclient

When I log off I get a message end program zlclient. Is this normal??

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: zlclient

It may mean you have your "Wait to Kill" value set too low (fast). Have a look at "WaitToKillServiceTimeout", which you can find here
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Contr ol" and see what the value is there. You might want to increase it by 5000 and see if that helps.

ludwig Guest

Default Re: at log off I get a message end program zlclient

This message has just started happening to me every time at logoff after upgrading to 6.1.744.001. Anyone else getting this msg too?

My registry key value is 20000. I can't see why I should need to change it; rightly or wrongly I would assume MS have put a respectable value in there which should be right for the job. Is ZAPro doing something at closedown it didn't used to that is causing a delay, hence causing the msg?

Message Edited by Ludwig on 04-05-200603:52 AM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.1

swimmer Guest

I have the same problem now and would appreciate detailed instructions on how to do this with specific settings. Thanks

ludwig Guest

<blockquote><hr>swimmer wrote:
    I have the same problem now and would appreciate detailed instructions on how to do this with specific settings. Thanks
    <hr></blockquote>
    You need to use REGEDIT - but do that with care. If you are not used to this utility I recommend you avoid using it.

If you wish to proceed --
    Navigate to the area BillCherryAtl mentioned - &quot;HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Cont rol&quot;. You should find &quot;WaitToKillServiceTimeout&quot; listed on the right presumably with a value 20000.

Rightclick on &quot;WaitToKillServiceTimeout&quot; and choose Modify. Change the value presented in the Value Data field as suggested, maybe add 5000 to it - e.g. change it to 25000 - and press OK. Then close down REGEDIT. See how that works for you.

uglytoespete Guest

Tried this on a Windows 2000 SP4.....didn't work.

25000...reboot, 30000...reboot, 35000...reboot, 40000...reboot.

On shutdown, windows always reported ZLCLIENT.EXEcould not close etc.

Brought back this value to 20000.

Poor ZA guys, they must feel like the only MIB between Earth and the Universe.

As long as the glitch is harmless, I'll use this version (6.5.722.000)

Thread Information