Thread: bug: ZA forgets its settings

ufo Guest

Default bug: ZA forgets its settings

hello,i am having a problem with the software.each time i restart the computer, ZA forgets so many of its configuration about programs ("program control" menu).what is wrong?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

flyyourway Guest

Default Re: bug: ZA forgets its settings

UFO, this is cause by Zonealarms database becoming corrupted and it will need resetting.this can be accomplished by closing down ZA(make sure you are disconnected from the INTERNET while performing these tasks),then following this tree C : WINDOWS/Internet Logs folder when you are there erase everything in that folder,then reboot the computers,this will reset all the current setting within Zonealarm,thus having to reconfigure the entire firewall,but it should resolve your problem.Now if this continues to happen you may need to reinstall the application all together,or another program might be conflicting with ZoneAlarms shutdown or general operation,just try resetting the database and see if it helps and resolves the issue.Oh if you get an access denied you may need to boot intoSafe mode and follow the particular instructions,as some other program may be using some files within that folder.

ufo Guest

Default Re: bug: ZA forgets its settings

ZA made some problems, so i had to uninstall it completely , and do a clean install.anyway, it still sometimes forgets its settings.

Thread Information