Thread: How to make ZoneAlarm Security Suite the ultimate solution for computer-beginners.

trentors Guest

Default How to make ZoneAlarm Security Suite the ultimate solution for computer-beginners.

Here are som points which I find could be done better if ZoneAlarm is to be a solution for the "common" man :* More languages - Even though english isn't really a problem for me I know many people who can't understand long and technical dialogs in anything but their main language.* Systemtray menu should be able to JUST deactivate the firewall without killing off the antivirus - This feature has Norton haved for a long time now.* Easier software update - Every time a new version is released the user has to answer a lot of questions which where already set up. This makes people who have had help with the setup of ZoneAlarm to completely freeze. Why cant ZA not just update its files like other security suites does?* The first time you install ZA ISS it will pop up a window after some time showing the update progress, you have the opportunity to check that you dont want to see this message again, but why show it in the first place. Many new users will maybe press the cancel-button in frustration.* When the antivirus scanner is scanning for viruses, it kills of the on-access scanners dialog. I thought for a while that it meant that ZA couldn't both use the user activated scanner and the on-access scanner on the same time. Luckily thats not the case - ZA will still deal with viruses in realtime but it won't tell you when it finds one. That should be fixed so that the user still gets a warning about viruses even though the scanner is running in the background.I know many of you will think that these problems arent really issues and you're right. For us that is. But for the common user who clicks okay on every dialog-box we need to use baby-steps. Theres a reason for Nortons popularity despite its a terrible piece of software.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

Message Edited by Trentors on 12-21-2005 05:25 PM

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: How to make ZoneAlarm Security Suite the ultimate solution for computer-beginners.

Put your suggestions to ZA technical people http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...ch_support.jsp
    Best regards

trentors Guest

Default Re: How to make ZoneAlarm Security Suite the ultimate solution for computer-beginners.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will do that.Best regardsTrentors

ad_hock Guest

You're welcome
    Best regards

Thread Information