Thread: Seeing IP addresses

jerryvv Guest

Default Seeing IP addresses

How do you see what IP addresses are approved for which programs. The reason I ask is because I believe several unrelated programs have asked for the same IP address: 160.43.146.227NS. I am concerned that there may be some sort of spyware that is sending info to it's IP address since the program vendors are different, yet use that same IP. Also, I use a dialup Internet connect; yet, when I start my computer, and have not even connected to the Internet yet (no dialup connection), there is both red and green (out and in traffic) activity showing by AlarmZone. What is that? Should there be any? I know at startup some want to connect (I approved via AlarmZone), but how they get an Internet traffic response with no coonection? Thank you!

Operating System:Windows 98-SE (Second Edition)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Seeing IP addresses

The IP address you post belongs to:<hr>160.43.146.227

OrgName: Bloomberg Financial Market
    Address: 499 Park Avenue
    City: New York
    StateProv: NY
    PostalCode: 10022
    Country: US<hr> Does that mean anything to you? What I thought might be the case is this is a DNS server used by several applications to resolve an I{P. This behavior would be perfectly normal.

About your ZA icon activity...this too is normal. It turns out your machine is very chatty with itself. You'll see this activity even when nothing is going to the internet.I don't think you should be concerned.

Thread Information