Thread: Can't fully disable ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.1.737 to allow troublesome program to run

Hybrid View

pgoldstein Guest

Default Can't fully disable ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.1.737 to allow troublesome program to run

Have a clean install of 6.1.737 Suite installed on XP Pro SP2 current machine.Aspecialized Digital Signage program from Scala (Network Manager 3 version 7.4.10) won't run properly after install of ZA. It uses its own browser interface, dependent on certain IE 6 components, has an FTP server built-in, etc. Software loads, but acts very sluggish and most screens won't load and present the standard IE "The page cannot be displayed" screen, even when it is only trying to parse and display local XML files.Tried making all known programs super trusted, given full rights, enabled components ... no luck.Turned off all ZA components, including firewall, program control, email, spyware, cookies ... no luck.Unload ZA, said not to load on reboot ... no luck.Uninstalled ZA ... Scalaapp works great.Searched for and deleted extra filesas per ZA support for clean uninstall, thenreinstalled ZA. After ZA installed, but before accepting the prompt to run it, tried Scalaapp ... no luck.I have no idea what in ZA is preventing this program from running properly, but the only way I it can be used is when ZA is actually uinstalled. Disabling or shutting down ZA doesn't work.We're trying to wean off of Norton, and I like the software otherwise, but this is a deal killer for our company in the long run.Any ideas? Its OK for now to have this problem (for a while) if we can at least disable ZA when it needs to be run.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Can't fully disable ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.1.737 to allow troublesome program to run

I don't know the program you speak, but it may happen conflict because of the new feature of OS firewall in version 6. Are you opened to try a more stable version 5.5.094. If yes follow this link where you find instructions for the clean uninstall and link for the ZASS history where you may download the version I spoke http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=39388#M39388
    Best regards

pgoldstein Guest

Default Re: Can't fully disable ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.1.737 to allow troublesome program to run

I'll give 5.5.094 a try to see what happens, and will post the results here, but am ultimately looking for a solution to take advantage of 6.x features. Even a hack to temporarily disable ZA for this program to run would be welcomed. Thanks for the reply.

ad_hock Guest

You're welcome
    Face that as a suggestion as I don't know if with version 5.5 it will work. I think probability is greater as there are less interferences and is a more stable version.Now if you have the time and the possibility you say, although there is some way to go with OS firewall,not easy to work at kernel level,it's a good bet as if results, the level of protection will be of the type of the best program I know in this field, Process Guard.
    Good luck and best regards

Thread Information