Thread: System reboots

krembo Guest

Default System reboots

On a new computer XP-Home-SP2, Kaspersky AV. I installed full ZA free trial, but then as soon as I try to do anything the computer automatically reboots itself. I had to uninstall in order to be able to use the computer. I then tried the free version of ZA, but the computer still insisted on rebooting. As I am not confident that the Windows firewall provides adequate protection I chose ZA to try as an alternative. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: System reboots

I've read there have been some conflicts with ZA and Kaspersky which could be your problem as well. One user uninstalled Kaspersky, installed ZA, and then re-installed Kaspersky and that worked, but I don't remember on which version of Kaspersky. look here and here .

krembo Guest

Your advice seems to have solved the problem. Thanks. I disabled IDS for network attacks in KAV as suggested in the referrals you provided to the Kaspersky forums and then reinstalled ZA.So far I haven't had any unforced reboots. The only remaining question would seem to be if I install a local network will it be protected, or does that protection come from ZA?Many thanks.

billc Guest

Yes. Zone Alarm will protect you instead of Kaspersky against network attacks.

Thread Information