Thread: Linksys WRT54G - ZoneAlarm Pro v.3.7 Install Problems

seharley Guest

Default Linksys WRT54G - ZoneAlarm Pro v.3.7 Install Problems

Having difficulty installing a Linksys WRT54G router into my computer-Sprint DSL 645M modem setup with ZoneAlarm Pro v.3.7 (valid product/license purchased from the ZoneAlarm website) installed on the computer.

I've followed the directions step by step to hook up the router into the modem-computersetup and have not been able to connect to the internet. I'll have a mixture ofwireless and wired components on the network. I've researched Sprint's, Linksys's, and ZoneAlarm's websites looking for guidance to no avail andam at a loss as to how to connect everything together so that it works right.

Whenever the router is connected into the computer-modem loop, ZoneAlarm Pro adds a "new network" and disconnects the computer from the internet, even after setting the new network to the trusted zone.The software won't allow me toassociate an IP address in the box to the new network; it's grayed out. The only way to correct this problem is to disconnect the modem, restart the computer, open up ZoneAlarm Pro, and reconnect the modem to the internet. Then ZoneAlarm Pro picks up the Sprint DSL network.

I'm technically challenged. Any suggestions as to what to do? Thx!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:5.1

Message Edited by seharley on 01-05-2006 05:29 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:3.x

billc Guest

Default Re: Linksys WRT54G - ZoneAlarm Pro v.3.7 Install Problems

Help me make sure I understand. What you are try to do is add a router in order to connect more machines to the internet through your DSL modem, correct? If so, try this. Shutdown your computer, unplug the power to your modem & router. After about a minute, power up your modem, then your router, and connect the computer to the router. Now boot your computer and ZAP should see the router & network and place it in the Trusted zone. Can you now access the internet?

Thread Information