Thread: What is a normal frequency for attempted intrusions?

grhm_n Guest

Default What is a normal frequency for attempted intrusions?

What would be a normal frequency that you would expect Zone Alarm to detect attemptedintrusions?We've had Zone Alarm Security Suite Version 5.1.033.000 installed on this computer since August. The computer isn't used much - I estimate it's probablyconnected to the internetfor less than3 hours a week on average. But in that time, ZA has blocked 16,249 intrusions, of which 1337 were "high level". This works out at an average of about 300 intrusions for each hour we've beenconnected to the internet (about one every twelve seconds), with onenew "high level" intrusioncoming inabout every two and a half minutes. IfI keep the firewall log open,I can watch themin real time, and my rough calculation doesn't seem to be very far off the mark.Is this rate of activity normal?

Message Edited by Grhm_N on 01-07-2006 06:17 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:5.1

gerard_konijn Guest

Default Re: What is a normal frequency for attempted intrusions?

Grhm_N wrote:Is this rate of activity normal?<HR>Yes it is, no worry about that. In Italy it's much higher.Best regards/Vriendelijke groeten. Gerard Konijn. Tilburg. The Netherlands.
    Help with ZoneAlarm? There's a red Search! &gt; option at the bottom of the page to find your answer.
    Or navigate the following link:http://www.donhoover.net/

Thread Information