Thread: Suggestion for implementation into ZoneAlarm

gazelenka Guest

Default Suggestion for implementation into ZoneAlarm

Hi,

I've just been installing some software, and in most of the cases received (correctly) a prompt from ZoneAlarm as to whether I wanted to allow the install program to run the next part of it's install (which I allowed).

I believe that this information is annonymously shared with ZoneAlarm, but was wondering if the information would be more usefull/easier to integrate if there was an text box available for the user to indicate (if they want to) what they were doing (installing iTunes / opening a web page from Thunderbird / Access the trusted zone / etc) when the ZoneAlarm prompt appeared.

This would add context to the information gathered by the feed-back system, and when 'enough' verification had been gathered from multiple users doing the same thing, could be added into the Smart Defence Advisor.

Regards

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Suggestion for implementation into ZoneAlarm

It is my understanding that the only information annonymously shared with Zone Labs is your security settings if you allow it. Frankly I don't know the details the information transferred. However, if you'd like to share your ideas with ZA, please contact them here .

Thread Information