Thread: Security Center and Zone Alarm Firewall (with little problem - with old firewall that I used to hav)

magical_trevor Guest

Default Security Center and Zone Alarm Firewall (with little problem - with old firewall that I used to hav)

Hey Guys,I used to use Sygate firewall but I got sick of it cause it was not doing what i wanted, so i completely removed it off my computer, by uninstalling it and then I went into the registry and awindows folders and removed everything to do with sygate.Now that I was ZAISS (Which I love this firewall and wont be changing at all) in the security center it says:At least one of the firewall installed on this computer is currently ON. A firewall helps protect your computer against viruses and other security treats.Now my question is, how can I get it to state that Im ONLY using the ZAISS or ZA firewall or something to do with the current one that Im using?Its not a big thing but I would like to it be sorted

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Security Center and Zone Alarm Firewall (with little problem - with old firewall that I used to

If you installed the ZA SS before completely uninstalling the Sygate FW, that may be the problem. Maybe the Security Center never accepted the change over. Checking the registry for complete removal is tricky- from personal experience. Check HKey-Machine-Software-Microsoft-Windows -Uninstall and see if the Sygate is listed, if it is just delete that one, and reboot to finish the process. If installing the ZA before the Sygate removal, maybe, but not very sure, reinstalling ZA may solve the problem.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

magical_trevor Guest

Default Re: Security Center and Zone Alarm Firewall (with little problem - with old firewall that I used to

No there was no entry for Sygate Firewall..... I have been on there forums last month or so asking for help with this, but they did not know why it was doing it.

Tony maybe turning Security Center off and on and rebooting in between to shake the Security Center around a litle to get it to say two firewalls are on and choose one or the other. Running both firewalls at the same time may wake the Security center up. Hopefully it will and then turn off the Windows firewall and hope for the best.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

magical_trevor Guest

Hi Oldsod,I did what you suggested, and still no luck......

Hello Tony I am out of gueses. Sorry. Only the guus and the more knowledgeable forumusers are the source for any answers. Nice to try and help you Bye Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

magical_trevor Guest

Thank you for trying though man.

Thread Information