Thread: Zone Alarm Pro

Default Zone Alarm Pro

Mabe only two real problems: I have the latest paid version and when ZA did the upgrade it reset my two year subscription to one year. Contacting ZA gave a run around: original purchase was diverted from Za sales to another party and ZA sales answer was go to them. In other words not Za problem just mine alone. Have a listing as two year extended download from the third party, but no mention of renewal. I had originally thought that a two year subscription meant just that- two years of updates and upgrades.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0
    Best regards.
    oldsod

billc Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Pro

You are correct in that a two years subscription should mean two years of updates. When did you first install ZAP? When you update, only the 'remaining' unused time will appear in the Support & Update area of the Overview > Product Info tab. Also do you still have the original license key somewhere?

The response you got from Zone Labs is how they respond to all purchases from a third party vendor. It is like buying a car, if you have a problem, you go to the dealer not the manufacturer. Well do what we can to help here but most of the times, license issues are beyond our scope.

Thank you Bill for your response. Sorry,if I am tardy to reply. Okay bought ZA Pro V6.1.7 something from ZL on Oct,28,2005 with Visa card. I am a Canadian, so this maybe the reason I was processed by a third party:it is an American company that did the transaction. I bought from your American site. I had tried the free version out for several weeks, it was so impressive and ease of use. I have the original key with the origial sales document accessible at the third party. Date of expiration is listed at 296 days left.When ZA did a minor upgrade to 6.1.737.000 it then reduced the expiration date by one full year.Hence I started out two year and now at under one year. Thank you Richard.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

billc Guest

In your sales document, did it specify you had a two year key? Did the Overview > Product > Support & Update indicate over 600 days prior to the upgrade? An upgrade should not reduce the number of days remaining nor should the fact you're Canadian make any difference.

Hello Bill. It is stated as "extended download for Zone Alarm Pro 1 user for 24 months".Having downloaded and used Zone Labs sales, with the key issued by Zone Labs,I thought all was okay and was under the impression of a two year subscription. Next day checked the email box just to find the exact same information from third party, link for download site at Zone Labs and link for service at Zone Labs.and was billed on my Canadian credit card accordingly by the third party and never was billed by Zone Labs. Seemed okay.I did not bother to use the third party instructions because firewall was already installed and running. The upgrade came very soon after, and the firewall changed from two year expiration into one. Conflict of using Canadian Banks and Canadian issued credit cards- even if they are really American in the end-with American Banks and American credit companies can arise. International relations between us is very good, but quite often the issues of finances is a different story. So, was a mistake made by my part in the understanding of this situation?Any further advise from you is highly regarded.Thank You very much ...Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

billc Guest

I think the problem may be a mis-understanding. There is a difference between a two year license and as you said, "extended download for Zone Alarm Pro 1 user for 24 months ". The later will allow you to download a fresh firewall with a key if you lose your currently installed firewall via a system crash requiring a reformat. It does not mean you have a license with upgrades for two years. Do you know how much you paid in USD? Also, I don't think you can buy ZA with a two year license rather they are only available upon a license renewal. Do you think this could be the cause of the confusion?

Hello Bill. Maybe I was wrong then. Does this mean renewal of firewall is required in this year? If yes, then does the extended download fee cover the renewal that is coming ahead? I was billed in Canadian Dollars - ZA Pro cost $49.57 and extended cost $8.62 for a total of $58.19. Zone Alarm fiewall has been very effective- I tried out four different brands and none were as easy to use or this safe. I am very new to the world of pc's and the internet. I only started since last June, but am learning many things everyday while having lots of fun. Thank You.... Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

billc Guest

The price you quoted is indeed for the Firewall with a one year license which includes upgrades for a year. The other charge is for an extended download which you really don't need in my view. So to answer your question....yes, you'll need to renew your license in June if you want future upgrades. However, you should also know your firewall will never stop working if you don't renew your license. You just will not be eligible for Zone Labs support and upgrades.

Hello Bill. Thank you for your time, effort and patience.It was a pleasure talking to you. Things came out okay- while in the forum I learned that the Process Guard does work well with the Zone Alarm Pro. Installed the free version and found it to be low on resources and impessive just as a reduced version. Many thanks to Chia and Greb49er for the good advice! Many thanks to you,once again Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information