Thread: Any other email programs compatible?

wolverana Guest

Default Any other email programs compatible?

Hiya,I have been using Incredimail for a couple years now, it's paid for so I hate to give it up but I did try out using outlook express for a while and it's just not as good of a program as incredimail is so I'm back to that again. Of course my problem now is although the email protection worked great in outlook express it doesn't work at all in Incredimail. Any way to make this work or am I just gonna have to bite the dust and give up that feature for this program? Thanks for your assistance.

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Any other email programs compatible?

Unfortunately, only Outlook and Outlook Express will work with the ZASS spam filters at present.

lordankur Guest

its quite funny but annoying that thunderbird which has been called the best e-mail client by experts all over the world hasn't found favour with security companies.

billc Guest

I understand what you mean. Personally, I use Pegasus and love it. But I think the reason our e-mail clients are often ignored is because the vast majority of users have either Outlook or OE as their e-mail client. Probably in the range of 85% to 95% use one of the two if they have a Windows OS.

lordankur Guest

yeah ur right,but someday companies will find it profitable to do so,but what's urprising is that no one has it....

I also use Thunderbird on one of my machines but find the spam filters not as good as those in Zonealarm. I'm wondering what stand alone spam programs I could add to this configuration.?

billc Guest

I've not used a 3rd party filter, but I understand K-9 , Spamihilator and Frontgate are good. I'm not sure they all will work with Thunderbird, but give them a look.

I'll do that.

As always many thanks for your help

ledoc

wolverana Guest

Ok thanks for your feedback all, guess I'm just stuck with no junk mail filter for email then since I already pay for zone alarm I don't want to pay for another one lol. Thanks for your help all

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Wolverana wrote:
    Ok thanks for your feedback all, guess I'm just stuck with no junk mail filter for email then since I already pay for zone alarm I don't want to pay for another one lol. Thanks for your help all
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wolverana, I downloaded a free spam filter program and I am running it with Outlook express. After taking a little time to explore it's options and learning how to configure it I have found it a very good substitute for the e-mail filter in Zonealarm. I don't use Zonealarm on this particular machine. The link to the download site for the program "FrontgateMX" is ....

http://www.presorium.com/index.shtml

Give it a try and let us know how it works out

Thread Information