Thread: What is trueVector

onespot Guest

Default What is trueVector

When I tried to install the Zone Alarm Security Suite, (I had the trial one installed) it came up with this error statement that I needed to shut down the TrueVector before I can finish installing. The install goes all the way to yes no point for start up etc. Then the TrueVector shows up and only have installed 3%,locks up the system change my IP address etc.. What Gives Windows XP pro sp2 I do have other spy ware installed but this did not efect the trial version when I installed it

John L Stevens

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: What is trueVector

If you have the Trial ZASS installed, you need not install a new one. Just buy a license key from the Zone Labs site then enter it in the Overview > Product Info panel in your ZASS. To answer your question, True Vector is the firewall engine in Zone Alarm. The name of the executable associated with True Vector is vsmon.exe .

If you want to install another version of ZASS, first download and save the the installer, then go into the installed version you now have to the Overview > Preferences panel, uncheck the 'Load ZASS at Startup' option, reboot your computer, and now run the installer.

Thread Information