Thread: Compatibility with Zone alarm on same machine as Diskeeper

axlekitty Guest

Default Compatibility with Zone alarm on same machine as Diskeeper

I Have executive diskeeper installed on my machine (keep in mind this is a recouring problem not just a one time deal)upon installing ZA, everything workes fine for about 1 week. After that, ZA won't load b/c it says the files have become corrupt and won't reinstall because it is missing some file called GB11.tmp or something like that. Diskeeper fails to load and I cannot start either services at all.

Upon scanning with another virus scanner, none are detected on my machine. The only way to reinstall ZA is to delete all the Zone Labs (sorted by company) files in the system32 folder and then everything works fine. After that I am able to reinstall ZA and magically my diskeeper works without problems.

Is there a known issue with this? Has anyone else had this problem? Are there any company fixes I can obtain to fix this incompatibility issue with diskeeper? Please help asap.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

unhappy_viewer Guest

Default Re: Compatibility with Zone alarm on same machine as Diskeeper

I use Diskeeper 10 with ZA Pro and haven't had any problems. It could be just a one time fluke when the files got corrupted. If you continue to have the same problem, let us know.

axlekitty Guest

I have continued to have the same problem over and over, it has happened at least 6 times. It is only when I get corrupt files in ZA that diskeeper stops working. Is there a current virus that ZA has not protected against that would continualy corrupt the files when I get it? I have also reformatted since then and fully updated so I would not have anything left on my pc if that was the case. But the problem persists. I Installed trial copy of ZA 2 days ago and I still have yet to have the problem recour. We will see.

When this happens though, My pc says it cannot start the diskeeper precess no matter what I ry. I have also tried to manually enable the diskeeper process in the Services area. That was a no go either. I am positive it is ZA linked as that stops working at the same time Diskeeper does. I am runing the executive suite of diskeeper, I beleive. The corporate version or something ilke that. It is the newest version 10 and fully updated (as is ZA, and I have also had the same problem with version 9). Maybe someone at ZA could look into compatibility issues with the two?

axlekitty Guest

oh also I am running the full suite of ZA trial.

Thread Information