Thread: ZoneAlarm should respond to the article in ' www.theinquirer '

dolar Guest

Default ZoneAlarm should respond to the article in ' www.theinquirer '

We long time users and supporters of ZoneAlarm deserve an explaination of this article ie " http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29157 " I have used ZA since its conception...

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

lordankur Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm should respond to the article in ' www.theinquirer '

i second your thought dude,and since it has been accepted by their staff there i am un-installing it right away till the so called"bug" is fixed...

anandk Guest

Default shud i be afraid ?!

shud i be afraid ???why the deafening silence from checkpoint/zonelabs !?http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29157

uriel Guest

Hmmm, that website isn't really known for it's stellar and accurate reporting.. And that guy seemed more than a little bit paranoid.

nauggie Guest

I would also like to see a statement from Zone Labs. I've not long paid for a years subscription and not to bothered about getting spied on by mossad so won't be unistalling.

Its worrying though. If this was just a blog thing i would ignore it but as it was posted by theinquirer i'm not so sure. Should ZA take legal action against theinquirer or at least threaten to? Some kind of public statement.

ah_ha Guest

Default Re: shud i be afraid ?!

IMO, nope! Not very much, anyway. A little bit of fear may go a long ways toward keeping a body alert and ready to act!

Anyway, it took me all of about 1 minute to find a reasonable answer to the concerns expressed in that 'news' item.

Look up at the top of this board [General - Questions that don't fit any other category] and read the "Servers that ZoneAlarm uses" article that's been posted since 09-03-2004.

Computer security is a serious and alarming modern issue, but clearly superficial 'news' articles like the one mentioned aren't very helpful or meaningful when it gets down to actually solving the problems.

Cheers,
    Ah-hA
    -----

jimijack Guest

As comsumers become more tech savy, companies will realise that they have to provide what consumers want instead of telling them what they need.

Thread Information