Thread: New Network Found

fosius Guest

Default New Network Found

Hi,I installed ZoneAlarm Pro yesterday. I configurated it. Today when I was working ZoneAlarm showed me again that New Network had been found.... And it found again the network I already saved into ZoneAlarm... I totally don't understand it. Why? No settings changed in network settings or ZoneAlarm.. The last time I had ZoneAlarm it was doing similar things but I installed a fresh copy of Windows so I hoped it would not do it again.. Thanks in advance for you advices...

gerard_konijn Guest

Default Re: New Network Found

Hifosius and welcome to the Forum.If you want to share resources with-for example, the other machines on your local or home network you have to put the network in the Trusted Zone. Otherwise you have to keep it in the Internet Zone.If you just want to block any new zones then go to advanced button in the firewall section in ZA and check the box that say "Exclude networks from the trusted zone upon detection" now everything will be placed in the Internet Zone by default. Best regards/Vriendelijke groeten. Gerard Konijn. Tilburg. The Netherlands.

fosius Guest

Thank you for your reply.. I am connected to the Internet via network. I want to keep it in Trusted Zone. I set it that way yesterday. But as I said ZoneAlarm had showed me dialog New network found again. What could cause it? Thanks.

gerard_konijn Guest

Doyou sharewith other machines or printers, otherwise you have to keep your network in the Internet and not Trusted.Best regards, Gerard Konijn. Tilburg, The Netherlands.

fosius Guest

Yes I do share files with other computers. Well, I'll keep it in Trusted zone maybe it will no more show me that dialog.. Thanks

gerard_konijn Guest

If you just want to Add any new TrustedZones then go to advanced button in the firewall section in ZA and check the box that say "Include networks in the TrustedZone upon detection" now the networks will be placed in the TrustedZone by default.Best regards/Vriendelijke groeten. Gerard Konijn. Tilburg. The Netherlands.

fosius Guest

Thank you very much.. Your advice was really appreciated..:8}

gerard_konijn Guest

Another Happy Surfer

Best regards, Gerard Konijn. Tilburg, The Netherlands.

frank_thomas Guest

<blockquote><hr>Gerard-Konijn wrote:

If you just want to Add any new TrustedZones then go to advanced button in the firewall section in ZA and check the box that say &quot;Include networks in the TrustedZone upon detection&quot; now the networks will be placed in the TrustedZone by default.

Best regards/Vriendelijke groeten. Gerard Konijn. Tilburg. The Netherlands.

<hr></blockquote>
    Hi,
    I just got the same message but I don't share anything! So, I don't understand the message as I have not changed anything and now, this message. Why a NEW network? Do I have 2 network accesses now?

So, with nothing to share I understand that I should put the Internet access into the trusted zone ??

Thanks for a hint. I am puzzled

- Frank

Thread Information