Thread: Allowing pop windows for specific web sites and ZoneAlarm Wireless Security

Hybrid View

zonealarmfan Guest

Default Allowing pop windows for specific web sites and ZoneAlarm Wireless Security

Hi everyone. I bought ZoneAlarm Wireless Securityinthe fall of 2005for a family member.As far as I can tell, ZoneAlarm Wireless security doesn't have a privacy setting listed in the menu selection in the ZoneAlarm control center. Until we download the new version that will replace the one we have, how do you allow pop up windows to be displayed fromselected web sites?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Wireless Security
    Software Version:5.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Allowing pop windows for specific web sites and ZoneAlarm Wireless Security

Zone Alarm with Antivirus does not have a popup blocker. But there is a chance some Pro features were activated in the firewall. If that is the case, a database reset will fix it. Before you reset ZA, I'd suggest you test it by clicking on the ZA icon, select 'shutdown Zone Alarm', clean your browser cache, and then see if the popups work. If they do, then try this. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

zonealarmfan Guest

Default Re: Allowing pop windows for specific web sites and ZoneAlarm Wireless Security

Thank you, I will try to get to my sister computer and follow your recommendation. She is working and taking college courses, so it may take a few days to catch up with her. I will send a reply when I do. :8}

Thread Information