Thread: Cannot delete backup.rdb or iamdb.rdb

bassfoot Guest

Default Cannot delete backup.rdb or iamdb.rdb

I have had a problem with ZA Pro 6 not remembering settings. As suggested by BillCherryAtl I followed his steps to delete these files but cannot do so. When I try to delete them I get a message that says cannot delete, access denied due to either disk is full or file is in use. How can I delete these files? My disk is neither full, and with zonealarm not running it would seem these files should not be in use.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

gerard_konijn Guest

Default Re: Cannot delete backup.rdb or iamdb.rdb

Hi bassfoot,You ave to do that in Safe Mode.Most systems will boot into Safe Mode by either pressing F8, or F5at the beep or holding the CTRL key during boot-up. It will eventually display a simple menu from with you can choose Safe Mode.
    Note: In Safe Modeyou must click on theAdministrator iconif you run with XP.Best regards, Gerard Konijn. Tilburg, The Netherlands.

bassfoot Guest

Thanks for the information. I did as you said and was able to delete them. I just hope that this is a permanent fix!

gerard_konijn Guest

You're always welcome.

Best regards/Met de vriendelijke groeten. Gerard Konijn. Tilburg, The Netherlands.

whitewabbit Guest

Try this.....put your computer into the safe mode ....restart and keep depressing the f8 key.....regular ole safe mode will do....once in the safe mode,navigate here-->C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\ .....here,u will see 2 files....BACKUP.RDB and IAMDB.RDB ....right click on these files and select "delete".....works for me.....ZoneAlarm will create new IAMDB.RDB and BACKUP.RDB files when restarted.Good Luck!!

gregreynolds Guest

Well this was disturbing. Appears ZoneAlarm (which I use) is recording actions and periodically transmitting it somewhere through the firewall?http://www.a1-electronics.net/Genera...rity_Nov.shtml

Thread Information