Thread: ZoneAlarm Firewall Restarting My PC!!

corolla Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Firewall Restarting My PC!!

Hi guys,

After installing for the first time the free version of ZoneAlarm Firewall this week, my computer restarted immediately as soon as I tried toconnect to the internet.This happens all the time as soon as it physically installed on my PC; in the sense that even when I shutdown thefirewall from the system tray, and tried to connect to the internet, it still booted my system although it's not running in the background!!! Practically my PCbootswhenever I doubliclick my ISP's icon to connect to the internet from my desktop, as long as ZoneAlarm Firewall is installed on my PC no matter whether it's running or not!!!

As a result, I had to completely UNINSTALL ZoneAlarm Firewallfrom my PC as it wasgiving me a lot of hassle to access the internet. As soon as I UNINSTALLedit, all the system just worked fine and connected to the internet normally.

Please note that when I installed it for the first time, I used/kept the recommended and default settings by ZoneLabs! Also, just before I tried to re-install it for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th time, I cleaned my registrywith2 different registry cleaner softwares and also ran CCleaner.

Kindly note that I have an Intel P4 512MB RAM Windows XP SP2 and Kaspersky Antivirus Personal 5, SpywareGuard and Webroot SpySweeper all of them always active in my system tray guarding my system. I have an ADSL internet account.

Considering ZoneAlarm is an award-winning firewall software, which I wouldtherefore like to installon my PC, would someone please tell me what can I do to overcome the problemby install it and access normally the internet usingthisfirewall without any hassle??Is it conflicting with any other software program that might be running in the background?

I thank you in advance for your help and support.

Best Regards,

Corolla

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

billc Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Firewall Restarting My PC!!

I think it could be your Kaspersky program that is causing a conflict with Zone Alarm. One thing you can try is open KAV > configure realtime protection>realtime protection settings,make sure there is a checkmark next to disable protection** against network attacks. Then download a fresh installation file of ZA Free, delete your temp files, reboot into the Safe Mode, and now try to install ZA again in the Safe Mode.

** Click here for image .

corolla Guest

Hello BillCherry,
    Your help has been great! It's now working properly without restarting my PC after I followed your instructions.
    THank you for your help and support.
    Thanks and regards,
    Corolla

kane_omsk Guest

Hello!

I got a same problem - ZA Security suite 6.1.737 restarts my PC when a new connection
    appears - VPN, dial-up, e.t.c... I got no antivirus software or another firewall.
    Your advice about deleting temp files, rebooting in the Safe Mode, installation ZA
    in the Safe Mode doesn't helps me
    What it could be?

Could you help me, please, I love ZA and I can't work good without it!!!

Sorry for bad English - I live in Siberia

ZA Security Suite 6.1.737
    Windows XP SP 2

-Alex

Don't worry bout your English. Its fine.AS for your problem, its obvious, its too cold for the electrons to move around! Have you looked in the XP event viewer and see if there is anything there about it?
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

kane_omsk Guest

Well, there's no messages in event log before restart.
    When PC restarts, there's this message in event viewer:
    (may be not exact translation)
    "
    Event type: notice
    Source of event: Save Dump
    Category of event: none
    Event ID: 1001
    Date: 16.02.2006
    Time: 23:58:27
    User: Alex
    Computer: home_pc

PC restarts after critical error: 0x1000008e (0xc000001d, 0xfe1ff56c, 0xf2bce778, 0x00000000). Memory dump saved: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini021606-04.dmp.
    "
    :``(

Try this, First thing to do is turn off the auto reboot on error in windows so that the next time it does it you will get a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) that will have an error and a stop code that we can work from. To do it right click on my computer and select properties, then go to the advanced tab then go to the startup and recovery section, then click the settings button, then go to the system failure section, then uncheck the automatically reboot box, then apply then OK and the next time it happens instead of restarting you will get a sod. Write down the error and post it here. This may give us a better idea of the real fault.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information