Thread: Conflict with Norton

joetay Guest

Default Conflict with Norton

I have been getting this message for a while can someone help me. Since I upgraded Norton with antispyware about two weeks ago my other spyware programs have the same problem

SYMANTEC TAMPER PROTECTION ALERT

Target: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
    Event Info: Open Process
    Action Taken: Blocked
    Actor Process: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe (PID 2148)
    Time: Sunday, February 05, 2006 8:37:41 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:

unhappy_viewer Guest

Default Re: Conflict with Norton

You can safely disregard the alert. The alert arises because of Norton's self protection feature. When Norotn programs try to access the net, ZA normally verifies the file to ensure its not been changed. However Norton interpreted it as a program that may want to maliciously demage it and hence blocks ZA. Your Norton and ZA products will still work normally.

bm Guest

I'm getting the same alert using the same software and it's a pain...why is zone alarm trying to open ccApp...sure seems like the problem is with ZA's vsmon.exe not with Symantecs stuff...

forum_moderator Guest

If you don't want ZA to do it's best job of protecting your system, then uninstall it. That is exactly what the OSFW is for, it monitors how every process interacts with every other process, and thus is the only program that can prevent many types of malware from getting on your system in the first place.

Marcus

Thread Information