Thread: Cannot Open Links With Java Script

pelicanstate Guest

Default Cannot Open Links With Java Script

Novice has enabled java script and have place the web site on the trusted site list but still cannot open links on update links on the page..all other links are okay. I can open the troubled links if I disable Zone Alarm and reboot. Stumbling over a simple solution I am sure...A big thank you in advance to anyone who responds!!!

Operating System:Windows 98-SE (Second Edition)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Cannot Open Links With Java Script

Try this:in privacy main cookie control click custom.Then in the new window at the bottom check 'show privacy adviser'. Then load the site and when privacy adviser appears at low right part of your screen click the link 'click here for details'. You go to the sites list in privacy.Select the site you're trying to load right click over it and choose options.In the new window with three pages, for each page uncheck anything that may be checked and click apply before going to the next page. Do this until finish the three pages and don't forget to click apply before going to the next page.Then clean your browser cache and see if you now can load the site properly.
    Best regards

pelicanstate Guest

Thank you Ad-Hock for your response.The first try with the site the Firewall Advisor window popped up and said it was blocking at TCP Port. The link would not work. I exited out and came back to site for a second try and there was no firewall window, clicked the link and it worked. The 3rd try was also successful. Wondering if that firewall will do it to me again, and if so what can I do if anything?

"All systems a go!" thanks to you Ad-Hock...you got my vote for a raise!!

PelicanState

ad_hock Guest

Hi PelicanState when you say firewall advisor are you referring to privacy advisor? Read carefully my first post as to enable privacy advisor is in Tab privacy main cookie control and clicking custom and in the new window at bottom check privacy advisor. I'm repeating this as I found strange the message you refer of 'blocking at TCP Port'. The privacy adviser should deal only with the privacy features. Well if necessary just post back if you have troubles.
    My best regards

Thread Information