Thread: help with zone alarm log viewer problems!

underdog Guest

Default help with zone alarm log viewer problems!

hi guys, major problems with the log viewer.countless of time have i had intrusion alerts in the overview tab of zone alarm.but when i go into the log viewer to see the alerts,the alerts dont show or many are missing.please help as you know this is one of the most important functions of zone alarm pro.these reports disappearing,especially the high rated ones the whole time are making me feel like someone has control over
    my zone alarm pro somehow.please some kind person in the know respond to this thread please as soon as conveniant to you.many ,many,thanks.tow operating systems im using,xp pro and home edition.cheers.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: help with zone alarm log viewer problems!

Look in your ZA control panel > Alerts & Logs > Main tab to confirm you have logging turned on.If logging is on, then click on the 'Advanced' button then the Log Control tab to make sure your logging is not getting archived before you view them. If all seems as it should be, then perhaps your ZA database is corrupt and should be reset. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

Thread Information