Thread: unplugging USB drive causes reboot on bugcheck with ZAPro running.

consfusedscot Guest

Default unplugging USB drive causes reboot on bugcheck with ZAPro running.

Dear anyone,Something that only recently happens, unplugging a USB memory stick or card reader (WIN2000) causes a reboot.
    Turning off ZA Security Suite before disconnecting fixes it, but this shouldn't
    be. Now also occurs when I plug in a USB memory stick with ZA on.
    Very tiresome as
    I have to disconnect my broadband
    connection each time as well,,not wanting to leave my computer unprotected.
    I tried to contact ZA directly, but couldn't see how to apart from phoning, I shouldn,t have to rely on the goodness of others for any ideas of how to fix this.Best wishes

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

forum_moderator Guest

Default Re: unplugging USB drive causes reboot on bugcheck with ZAPro running.

Hello,

What Brand, model and size of memeory stick are you using?

What Brand, Model, and type of media are you using in your media reader?

What is the exact full version of Win 200 are you using?

Forum Moderator

consfusedscot Guest

Dear moderatorThanks for your reply.
    The problem has occured with two different memory sticks, the first a scandisk 512 which only caused trouble on unplugging (using the win2000 eject hardware button first) and the latter a crucial technology 1GB stick which seems to upset things after plugging into the usb port as well, not just on unplugging . The card reader is a Dazzle high speed USB 2 reader by Zio corporation.
    I use it to read Secure Digital cards by Scandisk 256MB and activ, also 256 MB but the same happens whatever the card.
    The OS is Windows 2000 Pro, version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195.
    It is automatically updated by Windows once a week.I note that the problem did not occur with earlier versions of Zone alarm (I had the firewall, antivirus version and then bought the Security Suit.
    version 6.1.737.00,
    the fault occured with both.)
    I look forward to your reply.thanksconfusedscot

billgre Guest

I have the same problem using PNY memory stick and Windows XP Pro. I unistalled (clean) the 6.1 version and went back to the prior version and have not had a problem since.

bisidro Guest

I have the same problem. Have a 1GB kingston flashdrive. My OS is wxp pro I'm using ZASS on my laptop, prsario2100. When I stick the drive on the usb fort, my computer will crashed and automatically reboot. When I uninstall ZASS I can plug and unplug the usb flashdrive without any problem. This also happens on the ZA antivirus with firewall. It seems that the flsahdrive will function normally without the Zone Alarm software. I had brought this issue to the store that I bought my computer from ,they told me that it is the ZA software that is not allowing me to use my flash drive. Please help.

consfusedscot Guest

It would seem that it is a fairly common problem.
    The moderator has offered to try to replicate the problem, so we'll see what he can report.
    If unsuccesful, I will take your advice.

Thanks

consfusedscot Guest

The moderator has passed my query to the support team, so watch this space, as they say.

Thread Information