Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $60 worth of nagware!

weez Guest

Default $60 worth of nagware!

When I purchased ZoneAlarm Pro about a year ago, it did not have the anti-spyware feature. Somewhere along the line, anti-spyware was added when I updated the prg. Now the subscription for the anti-spyware is expired and I get a nag screen every time I boot.

I turned off the anti-spyware function but I still get the subscription renewal nag screen.

I did not pay $60 for nagware!

I really wish I could have discussed this with Customer Support via email instead of posting to a forum, but I can't find an email address for CS.

How do I get rid of this nag screen? I still use the other features in ZAP. I did not want a subscription based prg when I bought ZAP, but this 'feature' was added after the fact!

If it is not possible to remove this nag without subscribing, how do I get my money back?

Operating System:Windows 98-SE (Second Edition)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.1

billc Guest

Default Re: $60 worth of nagware!

Here is the link to contact Zone Alarm Customer Service . The nagging screen will go away but I think it takes a couple of weeks. Your firewall will continue to function but just without the definition updates. I don't know of a way to get rid of the screen. Sorry.

hovester Guest

The nag screen does not go away in 10 to 14 days. It's been 17 days and it is still coming up. I've gone ahead and sent in a request to Customer Service. Hopefully I get a straight answer from them.

billc Guest

If you would, post back as to what they say. Thank you.

weez Guest

Thanks for the link to ZA Cust Svc.

I've sent an inquiry. We'll see how we go.

hovester Guest

Just got a reply back from CS. The official word is 60 days from expiration. Thought you guys would like to know.

billc Guest

I did want to know. There is probably a way to get around that but alas, I know not how.

flyyourway Guest

I believe their is a registry Hack Bill,but I would need an outdated version of ZA,so it can nag me,then I would believe I could Pinpoint the Registry change,but as I use an older version which has the FULL Version status I escape the Nag screen.

weez Guest

60 days worth of nags for a piece of code I paid $60 for is completely out of bounds.

I haven't gotten a reply yet. When I do, I'll hit them with the idea that it's 'remove the nags NOW' or refund my dough for something I bought a year ago.

weez Guest

From Zone Alarm Customer Service:

Thank you for contacting ZoneLabs Customer Service.

I understand you do not want ZoneAlarm to tell you, you need to renew. I
    am sorry for the inconvenience. ZoneAlarm is a subscription service. The
    screen you keep receiving is telling you that you need to renew the
    software to continue to receive updates and upgrades. If you do not wish
    to renew the program will stop reminding you after a certain number of
    days (anywhere from 30-60). Our refund policy is a thirty day money back
    guarantee.

If my answer did not resolve your issue, and you would like further
    assistance, please reply to this email, leaving the subject line intact, your
    response will come directly to me.

If you have a separate issue you would like assistance with, please submit
    a new request using the links below.

For Customer Service:
    http://www.zonelabs.com/csform

Or

For Technical Support:
    http://www.zonelabs.com/tsform

Thank you for choosing Zone Labs Security!

Katrina
    Customer Service
    Zone Labs
    A Check Point Company

I replied:

To: **bleep**
    Subject: Re: Zone Labs Customer Support: Customer Service Ticket: Product Support Request ISSUE=861724 PROJ=1
    Cc:

Sorry, not good enough.

Zone Alarm was NOT a subscription service when I bought it. You changed the rules of the game after the fact. If buying ZA Pro was going to turn into a running cost, I certainly would not have bought it.

I need to know how to restore ZA Pro to the version I bought. I don't want the ZA anti-spyware function. The nagware function means that my machine cannot be rebooted unattended.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information