Thread: Problem with firewall exceptions

ironmaiden Guest

Default Problem with firewall exceptions

Hello, I have the free version of ZoneAlarm firewall and I've just connected my PC into a home wi-fi network.
    My PC has access to the internet which I want to share with the remaing PC's in my home network.
    The problem is that although
    I have included the right IP addresses in the firewall's trusted zone, the firewall continues to stop internet access for the rest of the PCs.
    My guess is that I have to add UPnP framework to the trusted zone but I don't have a clue how to do this.
    Any help (or suggestions) would be greatly appreciated!!!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.1

jarvis Guest

Default Re: Problem with firewall exceptions

So the main PC has two Network cards (or one Network card plus a modem) and is directly connected to the internet. And the others are using a WiFi access point connected to the other Network Card?

In that case you must be using Windows Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) which is not completely supported in the free ZA. The only way to get it to work is to lower the Internet Security level to Medium on the main PC. This may make you visible on the internet, depending on the type of modem (some of them act as a firewall).

You must also add all the PCs IP addresses to the trusted zone on the main PC, as well as the DNS and DHCP servers. On the wireless PCs, add at least the main PCs IP address to the trusted zone.

ironmaiden Guest

Default Re: Problem with firewall exceptions

Thanks for the help!

Thread Information