Thread: Banner blocking

windkeeper Guest

Default Banner blocking

Since the upgrade to ZoneAlarm Security Suite I've noticed that one of the images on a website I visit often is getting blocked. I tried different settings and discovered that I can prevent that by removing the checkmark beside Banner\Skyscraper Ad under Ad Blocking. There are other images, some are banner like, on the site but only this one gets blocked. I don't want to change the setting permanently as there are 3rd party ads on the website as well. Is there any suggestion that I can pass to tech support of that site to prevent that image from being blocked?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

Default Re: Banner blocking

Hi windkeeper. Open ZA. Click PRIVACY. Left click the site in question. Left click the OPTIONS in the right-bottom corner. Click Ad Blocking. This process will "customize" the settings for this site only. Select the settings you want (also include the Cookie and Mobile Code,if you wish). Okay this hopefully will resolve the problem. Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

windkeeper Guest

Thanks! I do know how to change the settings on my side. I was wondering how to prevent that if I were a webmaster of that site for example. What exactly is causing the image to be blocked?

Hi windriver! Sorry for that then. But you have raised a very good question. Maybe there is something interesting about this. Take care Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

susiezone Guest

I believe the issue is images linked to a domain other than the one the user is on.

I have seen this on 2 sites that I manage and that was the common theme. That makes sense that Zone would think these are banners, which are usually hosted on 3rd party domains.

So try hosting the images on the same domain as your site and see if that fixes it!

windkeeper Guest

Thank you! That does sound helpful! I will pass this to tech support of the site

Thread Information