Thread: NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS stop error when using ZA Security Suite when plugging in USB Devices

tidus Guest

Default NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS stop error when using ZA Security Suite when plugging in USB Devices

Hello Everyone,
    I have been having this problem, and so have my customers, for quite a while now. I am Chief Executive of KJ Computers UK. I recommended ZA Security Suite to a few customers, and they, and myself & my wife Kasumi, have been having this problem:
    Whenever a USB device is plugged in, the machine generates this stop error:
    NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS
    It is happening on both customers PC's, running Windows XP, and our company servers, running Windows Server 2003. It seems to happen after the program is updated to the latest version, using the Internet.
    The only way we can seem to stop it, is by, sadly, uninstalling it, and using ZA Free!
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Regards,
    Tidus Johnson (KJ Computers UK Ltd CEO)

Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS stop error when using ZA Security Suite when plugging in USB Devices

Hi Tidus,

PLEASE
    contact Zone Alarm Support and I know they will help solve your problem.
    Here is the direct link to Tech Support.
    PLEASE let
    us know how you make out.

Welcome to Zone Labs Web-Based Technical Support

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...ch_support.jsp

Hope this info has helped you.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day!

SlyFox:8}
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. horseman Guest

Default Re: NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS stop error when using ZA Security Suite when plugging in USB Devices

Well any "competent" Level1 support person would immediately point you to > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177078/Assuming your IT/Customer support team has already done that then you will need to provide A LOT MORE detail of hardware platforms(inc installed RAM),OS and SP/hot fixes as well as USB devices(drivers/version levels)
    and order in which these(drivers) were installed along with realtime monitors(such as ZASS),LSP layers and running processes. Using something like Belarc,Everest or PCWizard benchmarking/configuration freeware tools might be a start.
    If your IT/Customer support grunts havn't already checked the MS article then consider getting rid of them - frankly they're a liability if they haven't even checked the obvious - otherwise you'll be CEO of ZILCH Inc!
    ;-)
    Personally I'd prefer you'd wait and post ZA's
    support response so we can also assess the efficacy of their support?But then times, money!......

;-)

Thread Information