Thread: I.P. address and program name

radovan Guest

Default I.P. address and program name

How can I find out where is whichever program connected I mean I.P. address and program name. With this function it is not possible to know witch program is connected and its target address. Please can you get me an answer?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: I.P. address and program name

Hi Radovan
    For that you need a good port to process maper. A program that displays all the connections that are running in your computer, local programs or executables,ports they use and the remote ip addresses and ports and the protocols used and state of the connections.Such a program can be very useful to detect any malware in your computer trying to phone home.I use in two computers, and recommend Port Explorer from www.diamondcs.au (however it's paid but has 30 days trial). There are good free ones that many people use like TCPView from SysInternals and active ports for example. You also have the built in windows command netstat -a or more complete netstat -ano in the command line but they are not so elaborated to interpretate as the programs I've mentioned before.
    Best regards

radovan Guest

Thank you

ad_hock Guest

You're welcome
    Best regards

Thread Information