Thread: New Z/L anti virus popup says Your Computer not protected - a/v out of date

Hybrid View

myming Guest

Default New Z/L anti virus popup says Your Computer not protected - a/v out of date

just booted up my pc and got a message saying that my pc may not be protected because my a/v program is out of date.
    i just purchased the program 3 months ago from the z/l site.
    what's going on?thnx

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware
    Software Version:6.1

Default Re: New Z/L anti virus popup says Your Computer not protected - a/v out of date

Hi Myming! Since you have the ZA AntiSpy version, it is adviseable to turn off the antivirus monitor in the ZA. Antivirus is monitored by Windows Security Center as well if you have not turned off the alerter for this. This will save some cpu resource as well. All what the ZA is really saying is that your antivirus has not received a recent update of the database. That is all what it means. Just updating the antivirus software should remedy the alert. It does not mean your antivirus software needs to be upgraded. Take care oldsod ZA Pro 6 user.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

myming Guest

Default Re: New Z/L anti virus popup says Your Computer not protected - a/v out of date

dear oldsod,

thank you for your reply.
    sorry it took so long to answer-have not been available.

everything a-ok now.
    thank you!!!

Thread Information