Thread: ZASuite Blocks PDFs

gravery Guest

Default ZASuite Blocks PDFs

ZA Alarm Suite seems to be a mess in progress. The previous version wouldn't download thumbnails and now the "improved" version 6.1.744.001 blocks PDFs. On the bright side it does download most of the thumbnails, but not all, on a page a little faster. My most recent, and repeatable, problem was in trying to download pdf files from ancestry.com, but I've had the problem with other sites too.

Any chance they'll get ears and a tail glued onto this dog anytime soon??

GRA

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

billc Guest

Default Re: ZASuite Blocks PDFs

What I'd suggest is to go to your ZASS > Privacy > Site List, click on the 'add' button, enter ancestry.com then click 'ok'. Now locate the site you just entered on the Site List, right click on it and select 'options'. Next go through all three tabs to uncheck everything and click 'apply' as you go through each tab. Now clean your browser cache and try the site again.

On the other hand, if you turn off Mobile Code control and refresh the page, you should be able to download .pdf files.

gravery Guest

Default Re: ZASuite Blocks PDFs

Thanks for the response - it's much like the one given for the thumbnail problem. If ZA's fix is to open ZA, manually change the settings everytime a new site is visited, and then close ZA, this product is in BIG trouble. Again, thanks for the response and in return my advice would be to sell your ZA stock, if you have any.

Glenn

Thread Information