Thread: Firefox + ZoneAlarm Pro= slow connections

eporon Guest

Default Firefox + ZoneAlarm Pro= slow connections

Firefox is painfully slow since I installed ZaPro. Some pages do not load all of the way and others just take forever to load. I can not go back to using IE at this point. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.1

billc Guest

Default Re: Firefox + ZoneAlarm Pro= slow connections

What I have done is to turn off all my Privacy blocking and leave the blocking functions up to Firefox. You could go the other way, turn off or disable the features in FF that block this or that, then turn on the ones you want in Zone Alarm Pro. I've found that Firefox and Zone Alarm Pro do not get along as well as IE and Zone Alarm Pro. But I just love the FF extension and therefore put up with the minor issues.

As a general comment, if you disable Zone Alarm Pro all together, you'll find some sites still will not load with Firefox. There are just sites that are not friendly to FF. I have an online subscription to the Wall Street Journal. They just "upgrade" their site and it now is virtually unusable with FF. So all the problem is not Zone Alarm Pro.

eporon Guest

I turned off Ad Blocking in ZApro but kept cookie control on medium. I used FF for about year before getting ZApro and know what sites do and do not work so well with FF. There is just a drastic difference in performance now. Most of my work is online research and now I have 8-10 IE windows open because Firefox is just too slow. It is making this very difficult to say the least. I need tabbed browsing...

billc Guest

I know what you mean about tab browsing; I wouldn't want to be without it. If it helps, Internet Explorer 7.0 is in beta now and I understand it has tab browsing. I think the Beta is public; you might want to give it a go.

BTW, you might want to just turn off all Privacy in Zone Alarm Pro and see if that helps. You can always clean your cookies.

mdewrocks Guest

I would try killing the cookie privacy in ZA and downloading the Cookie Culler extension for FireFox.

http://cookieculler.mozdev.org/index.html

You may have to snoop around a little to find it from that page. I know it is available from somewhere.

Message Edited by mdewrocks on 04-01-200607:20 AM

Thread Information