Thread: Microsoft IntelliPoint stopped doing certain things after update to ZAV 6.1.744.001

updatemike Guest

Default Microsoft IntelliPoint stopped doing certain things after update to ZAV 6.1.744.001

I have a Microsoft mouse with five buttons. The normal three plus two more, you can program those to do certain things. Even per program, this has always worked, until I updated ZAV to the latest version. Changing access settings of IntelliPoint software seems to have no effect. If I shutdown ZAV, everything works as it should. I get no warnings for IntelliPoint software, no "ipoint is trying to access" or no "ipoint is trying to monitor" or anything.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Antivirus
    Software Version:

Message Edited by UpdateMike on 03-30-200602:55 PM

updatemike Guest

Default Re: Microsoft IntelliPoint stopped doing certain things after update to ZAV 6.1.744.001

Unbelievable, this is so weird you're not gonna believe it. I unstalled the latest version and reinstalled the previous one. The problem was still there. So it had to be something other than a bug in the new version.
    I thought about other changes I had made to ZA, and there was one thing. The Zone Alarm window size. It used to cover the entire screen except for an area at the bottom where the
    taskbar might be. Might, because I have that on auto-hide. Other programs cover the entire screen, but I've always sized the ZA window so that it leaves room for the taskbar. So that the taskbar doesn't cover the bottom part of ZA. Don't ask me why, I don't know why I did that either. When I installed the new version, I sized the window so that it covered the entire screen. And that is the problem. If I drag the bottom of the ZA window all the way to the bottom of the screen, IntelliPoint's custom settings won't work. If I make the ZA window smaller, even only a couple of pixels, those custom settings work.

Then I started to grab and resize the left side, same thing, all the way to the left, no IntelliPoint custom settings, a couple of pixels off the side, IntelliPoint works again. Etc...

This is undoubtedly the weirdest and stupidest bug I've ever seen. Period. Where can I report this?

Message Edited by UpdateMike on 04-01-200606:17 AM

Thread Information