Thread: Problem Accessing a Secure SIte

samceccola Guest

Default Problem Accessing a Secure SIte

OS = Windows XP Pro -SP2; IE = 6; Nod32 Version 2.5; Zone Alarm Pro = 6.1.744.001
    I am trying to access a Secure SIte (Morgan Stanley). I do have a username and password.
    The accessing of this site was working at one time with the above software installed. The problem is -- I have updated this software with the updates released from their manufacturer but I don't remember at what point
    the following problem begun.
    After entering the URL for Morgan Stanley, the login page shows and I enter my Username and Password. As soon as I hit "Enter", the current screen closes and the product shuts down returning me to my Desktop screen.
    Using ZA Pro, I have lowered all of the various setting to their lowest possible setting (LOW or OFF) and I entered the URL of Morgan Stanley into the "ID-Lock -Trusted Sites" area.
    In IE, under Tools/Internet Settings, under Security tab/Trusted sites, I added the "https://..." for Morgan Stanley. Under the "Privacy Tab - Sites", I entered the "http://..."
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?
    Thanks,Sam

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.1

ad_hock Guest

Default Re: Problem Accessing a Secure SIte

Hi sameccola
    First disable your global privacy settings.In privacy main disable cookie control, ad blocking and mobile code control. Then add the URL of the site to the site list in privacy.Select it and right click over it and choose options.In the new window with three pages,for each page uncheck anything that may be checked and click apply before going to the next page.Do this until finish the three pages and don't forget to click apply before going to next page.Clean your browser cache and try to load the site and see if it works properly.
    Best regards

samceccola Guest

AD-Hoc:

I followed your suggestion and I still have the problem

Thanks,

Sam

billc Guest

Did you remember to clean your browser cache as Ad-Hock suggested? If you did and it still does not work, go to your Main Privacy panel, turn off all Privacy blocking, clean your cache again, and now try the site.

ad_hock Guest

Hi Sam
    First one question: if you shutdown ZA can you load the site properly? Right click over the ZA icon in your taskbar and choose shutdown ZA. Then open task manager and insure that vsmon.exe and zlclient.exe are not running and see if you load the site.If yes then it's ZA problem and after what you did before my best bet would be to reset ZA data base.I know it's a pain as you loose all your customizations and need to build a fresh data base,but it worth to try, I think. If you decide that way follow this link http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b....id=7101#M7101
    Best regards

samceccola Guest

<blockquote><hr>BillCherryAtl wrote:
    Did you remember to clean your browser cache as Ad-Hock suggested? If you did and it still does not work, go to your Main Privacy panel, turn off all Privacy blocking, clean your cache again, and now try the site.
    <hr></blockquote>
    Yes I did but I did it again.Same results as before. I then turned off everything in the MAIN privacy panel, cleaned cache and again, the same results.
    Do you think it would be a good idea to uninstall ZA Pro and then try to access. If it works, it's then ZA Pro; if it doesn't, it's something else in my system.
    Thanks,Sam

samceccola Guest

I need to go out for about 2 hours. Will try and post the results as soon as I get back.

Sam

Try it first with the Windows Firewall and see what happens. It is easier than uninstalling the ZA. oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

samceccola Guest

Well, I think I ruled out ZoneALarm and all of my other security programs.
    I brought the system up in &quot;Safe Mode with Networking&quot;. I have the same problem.I believe doing this way would only install the necessary files to start the system and allow networking. It looks like it might be an internet or windows problem.
    Thanks for all your help. I know this is a Zone Alarm BBS, so I want ask anymore questions here. Let me just say &quot;if anyone has any ideas, let me know&quot;.
    Thanks Again,Sam

Thread Information