Thread: Cannot View Internet Explorer History By Date

jcfynest Guest

Default Cannot View Internet Explorer History By Date

Ever since I upgraded my ZoneAlarm Security Suite I cannot see my internet history
    after today. In Internet Explorer, I have problems with History when go to view /by Date
    lists 2 weeks ago,but does not show any websites visited, only today is listed. Also, I have it configured to keep for
    20 days.
    The website below
    says that I need to Turn off the ActiveX Blocking functions. I do not know how
    to do that.
    Can someone help me ?
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;819257

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

Message Edited by JCFynest on 04-07-200604:24 PM

billc Guest

Default Re: Cannot View Internet Explorer History By Date

I suggest an answer in one of your other posts.

dreeme Guest

Default Re: Cannot View Internet Explorer History By Date

Hi JCFynest,
    It sounds to me that your ZAISS settings are clearing the IE history.
    Have you checked your settings in ZAISS Cache Cleaner (under the "Privacy" tab)?
    If you have ZA Cache Cleaner set to clean automatically "Every: 1 day" AND have a check mark by "Clean URL history" under the "IE/MSN" tab then ZA is clearing your history daily as it is supposed to per the settings.
    If this is the case, then you can uncheck "Clean URL history" and then IE will clean its own history according to the 20 days setting you have within IE.
    If this is the problem then you don't need to worry about turning off ActiveX blocking in ZA because it has nothing to do with it. If you still want to know where that setting is within ZAISS: Privacy > Main > Mobile Code Control > Custom > Mobile Code > (uncheck)Block embedded objects (java ActiveX).
    Hope this helped.
    Dreeme

Thread Information